Scope of NGOs
- To provide High Risk Groups (HRGs)/ Bridge Groups with the information, means and
skills to minimize HIV transmission and improving their access to care, support
and treatment services.
- To reduce high risk behaviour among them.
- To keep the level of epidemic in high risk groups under control.
- Provide advocacy to key stakeholders/power structures response system.
- Build capacity of community groups to assume ownership of the programme and formation
of various committees like DIC Management Committee and Clinic Committee.
Whom is a TI designed for
- Core Groups: Groups who have high level of vulnerability to HIV infection
e.g; FSWs,MSMs, IDUs.
- Bridge Groups: Groups who have high levels of vulnerability but are at a lesser
e.g; Truckers, Street Children, Migrant Labourers, Jail Inmates.
Component of TI