The Union Ministry of Roads and Motorways have introduced the Driving License New Rules 2022. Furthermore, the Union Ministry has also changed some Driving License rules 2022 to obtain a driving license. These rules will be taking effect from 01 July 2022 and all the new driving license seekers will be able to obtain a driving license with new rules from parivahan.gov.in. Below, we have shared complete information about the Driving License New Rules 2022.
Driving License New Rules 2022
The Govt. of India was trying to introduce the Driving License New Rules 2022 to obtain a driving license in India. Moreover, the Central Govt was trying to modify some rules. They have successfully done it and the Driving License New Rules 2022 will take effect from 01 July 2022. The rules will be applied to all the states of India to obtain a new driving license.
Not just the Driving License New Rules 2022 but also some rules to open a private driving training centre will take effect from 01 July 2022. According to the official information provided by the Regional Transportation office, the Driving License New Rules 2022 will apply to all the 2 wheeler and 4 wheeler vehicles in India.
|Department||Union Ministry of Roads and Motorways|
|Body Name||Regional Transportation Office (RTO)|
|Rules Changes for||2 Wheeler and 4 Wheelers|
|Rules Changed||Driving Test|
|New Rules Effect Date||01 July 2022|
Moreover, the Union Ministry of Roads and Motorways has also changed the documentation for applying for a new driving license. As per the Driving License New Rules 2022, there is a piece of good news for the 2 and 4 wheeler drivers. The best part about the Driving License New Rules 2022 is that you don’t need to visit the Regional Transportation Office physical.
All documentation for the driving license can be done online at parivahan.gov.in. According to the Govt, this will help in eliminating the long queues at RTOs. The Driving License New Rules 2022 are good for the individual waiting to apply for a new driving license from the Regional Transportation Office.
Driving License New Rules 2022 Effect Date
The Driving License New Rules 2022 will be taking effect from 01 July 2022. The new driving license rules 2022 will eliminate all the government-operated driving training centres. Only private driving centres will be able to operate after the Driving License New Rules 2022. Moreover, the private centre will be only valid for a total of 5 years, after that they may require to renew the license for their operations.
According to the government, these new rules will allow the private training industry to boost itself. If an individual has taken driving training from one of these private training centres, then she or he will not require to give the driving test at the RTO while applying for a new driving license.
Individuals will require only the private training centre’s certificate to apply for a new driving license. This way the driving test at RTO will be eliminated. Moreover, every year the private driving training centre must renew its license from the Regional Transport Office to keep up its operations running.
New Rules to Follow for Private Driving Training Centres 2022
There is a basic set of rules which govt has set to acquire a private driving training centre license for a driving school.
- First of all, the school must have at least 1 acre of land. Moreover, 2 acres of land will be required for the 4 wheeler vehicles.
- The testing track should be available at the Private Driving Training Centre.
- Trainers should be educated and should hold at least a high school or diploma mark sheet.
- The trainer should have at least 5 years of driving experience.
- The trainer should have basic knowledge of the IT and biometric systems.
- The light vehicle training should last at least 29 hours and be completed within 4 weeks.
- The training should have at least 2 sections: Practical and Theory. In this, theory should take 8 hours, while practical must take 21 hours to complete.
- Heavy motor vehicle training will last 38 hours and should be completed within 6 weeks with 8 hours of long theory classes and 31 hours long of practical classes.
New Types of Driving Licenses 2022
There are certain types of driving licenses which will vary depending upon the vehicle that you use.
Personal Vehicles Driving License Type
- MC 50CC: Bike with 55cc engine or less capacity
- MC EX50CC: Vehicle with gear and 50CC or more capacity: Car and Bike.
- MCWOG / FVG: Bike with any engine capacity but without gears: Scooter or Moped
- M / CYCL.WG: All Bike with and without gear
- LMV-NT: Vehicle for transport use
Commercial Vehicle Driving License Type
- HMV: Heavy Motor Vehicles
- HGMV: Heavy Goods Motor Vehicle
- MGV: Medium Goods Vehicle
- Trailer: Heavy Trailer License
- LMV: Bike, Van, Jeep, and Taxi
- HPMV / HTV: Heavy Transport motor vehicle or Heavy Transport Vehicle
So that was everything about the New Driving License Rules 2022. Hopefully, you will appreciate our approach and will learn everything you need to know about the Driving License New Rules 2022. If you have any further questions or recommendations, please leave them in the comments area below.