Recently the Indian Institutes of Management has posted the iimcat.ac.in CAT 2022 Notification. On November 27, 2022, there will be three sessions of the computer-based Common Admission Test 2022 (CAT 2022), which will be administered by the Indian Institutes of Management. Admission to various Post Graduate and Fellow/Doctorate programmes at IIMs requires passing the CAT 2022 exam. Scores from the CAT 2022 exam may be used by the institutions listed who are not IIM members. The CAT website offers a list of these institutions. The selection of non-IIM institutions is not a responsibility of IIMs. The article below has more information on the CAT 2022 Notification.
iimcat.ac.in CAT 2022 Notification
The management entrance test will be administered on November 27, 2022, in three sessions, at test centers dispersed across about 150 cities, according to the iimcat.ac.in CAT 2022 Notification. Six optional cities will be available for candidates to select. The CAT Center will make every effort to give candidates one of their top choices. If there is a lot of demand in a specific area, CAT Centre reserves the right to assign a center that is close to any of the top choices. No changes will be allowed once a candidate has been assigned a center.
|Name Of The Examination||Common Admission Test (CAT)|
|Examination Conducting Body||Indian Institute Of Management (IIM), Bangalore|
|Notification Release Date||31st July 2022|
|CAT 2022 Registration Date||August 3, At 10 Am To September 14, At 5 Pm|
|CAT 2022 Registration Mode||Online|
|Date Of The Examination||November 27, 2022, Sunday|
|Mode Of The Examination||Computer-Based Test|
|Level Of The Examination||National|
|Official Web Portal||https://iimcat.ac.in/|
It is suggested to all the candidates that if you are interested to appear for the examination fill the application form before deadline which is mentioned below in the article and keep a copy of that finally submitted application form for future use.
iimcat.ac.in CAT 2022 Notification Important Dates
In the table given below we have mentioned all the important dates related to the iimcat.ac.in CAT 2022 Notification:
|Registration opens||August 03, 2022 (10:00 am)|
|Registration closes||September 14, 2022 (05:00 pm)|
|Admit card download||October 27 – November 27, 2022|
|Test date||November 27, 2022|
|Result declaration||Second week of January, 2023 (Tentative)|
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2022
For admission to PG-level management courses, there is an entrance exam called CAT. The minimum requirement is therefore graduation. See the eligibility requirements for CAT 2022 below:
- Candidates must have graduated from an accredited university in any stream with a minimum cumulative GPA of 50% (45% for SC/ST/PwD candidates).
- Candidates for bachelor’s degrees who are in their final year or who are awaiting their results may also take the CAT exam.
- Candidates with professional credentials like CA, CS, or ICWA may also take the CAT.
CAT Exam Pattern 2022
The Computer Based Test (CBT) for the CAT exam is given at various testing facilities throughout the nation. In 2022, the exam format was changed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Both the total number of questions (from 100 to 76) and the time allotted (from 180 to 120 minutes) were decreased. See highlights of the CAT exam pattern below:
|Mode of the examination||Computer Based Test|
|Duration of the exam||Total: 120 minutes
Section wise:40 minutes per section
|Exam Slots||· Morning: 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM
· Afternoon: 12:30 PM to 2:30 PM
· Evening: 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM
|Number of questions||66|
|Language of question paper||English|
|Number of answer choices||4|
|Question Type||MCQ and non-MCQ|
|Marking Scheme||· +3 for every right attempt
· -1 for every wrong attempt
· 0 for wrong attempt in non-MCQ
CAT 2022 Application Process
The CAT 2022 registration and application process is a requirement for both taking the CAT and being admitted to an IIM. Candidates must submit their forms online at iimcat.ac.in as part of the CAT registration and application process. The steps to register for the CAT 2022 exam and complete the application are listed below:
- Step1: First of all, Visit to the website iimcat.ac.in.
- Step 2: Then Select “New User”
- Step 3: Name, birthdate, nationality, email address, and mobile phone number should be entered.
- Step 4: After entering the captcha code, click “Submit.”
- Step 5: On the mobile phone number and email address, an OTP will be sent.
- Step 6: For registration verification, use the one-time password (OTP).
- Step 7: Afterward, complete the CAT application form’s personal information.
- Step 8: attach your signature and a photo in passport size
- Step 9: Fill out your academic information, including your class rank, grade point average, and any professional or graduate degrees.
- Step 10: Choose your preferred IIM course, campus, and test city.
- Step 11: Use a debit/credit card, net banking, or an e-wallet to pay fees.
- Step 12: In this way your application form will be completed.
iimcat.ac.in CAT 2022 Notification Application fee
In the table below we have mentioned the application fee for the iimcat.ac.in CAT 2022 Notification:
|SC, ST and PwD category candidates.||₹1150|
|all other categories of candidates.||₹2300|
Please be aware that a candidate only needs to pay the registration fee once, regardless of how many institutes they are applying to. Under no circumstances are fees that have already been paid for iimcat.ac.in CAT 2022 Notification refundable.
|Official Website||Click Here|