The Philippines’ Land Transportation Office (LTO) launched the Land Transportation Management System in June 2020. (LTMS). It is essentially an online portal created to help motorists in the Philippines with LTO-related transactions such as driver’s licence and car registration requests and renewal. The LTO portal registration made headlines in 2021 after more than 1 million people registered. In the future, the government advised Filipino motorists to use the portal whenever possible rather than risking their health in the offices. The good news is that users can access the portal from any device, even if it is only a smartphone and not a computer. Let’s go over how to sign up for LTO:
LTO Portal Registration
Begin your LTO portal registration by visiting the official LTMS Portal website. There will be a ‘Register Now’ button there, which will take you to the ‘Enroll as an Individual’ option. You will be able to sign up regardless of whether or not you already have a driver’s licence.
After completing the registration form and submitting the required documents, an email with a verification link will be sent to your e-mail address. If you do not verify your account within 24 hours, your new account will be deleted automatically. After verification, you’ll be prompted to create a new password, and then you’ll have an LTMS account.
LTO Portal Services
You can use the LTMS portal to apply for a new student permit, driver’s licence, or conductor’s licence. You can also use the website to renew existing permits or licences.
The LTO portal registration gives motorists access to the new Driver’s License Renewal Course, where they can study for and take the Comprehensive Driver’s Education (CDE) exam. Examinees who achieve a score of 50% or higher or correctly answer at least 13 of the 25 questions will be able to obtain a CDE certificate, which will be required for licence renewals.
You shouldn’t be concerned about taking the exam because the LTMS Portal contains a number of audio-visual presentations. The videos are several hours long and contain all of the information you’ll need to ace the CDE Exam.
How To Register On LTO Portal?
Because many aspects of the transactions are private, you must first create an account on the LTO portal before using its services.
The steps are as follows:
- First, go to the LTMS website.
- On the page, click the “Register Now” button.
- Read the terms of the agreement on the following page.
- To view the terms, check the box.
- Enter the appropriate security code.
- To proceed, click the “Next” button.
- Then, choose the type of entity you want to enroll in. We’ll assume you’re enrolling as an individual in this example.
You will then go through a series of steps, the first of which will confirm whether or not you have a driver’s licence.
- To begin, select the appropriate button.
- After that, fill out all of the required fields.
- To proceed, click the “Next” button..
The next step is to enter your personal information, which should be filled out if you entered the accurate licence information.
- Examine your personal information
- Fill in your mother’s maiden name.
- Select the “Next” option.
- Fill out your contact information on the next page.
- Select “Create Account” from the drop-down menu.
Following that, the system will inform you that you have been successfully registered. To verify your account registration, you must check your email within 24 hours.
- To complete the registration, click the “OK” button.
- When you check your email, click the link to verify your email address and create a strong password for your account.
- Set and verify your new password on the following page.
- Click the “Set Login Password” button.
- You’ll then be able to access the portal.
LTO Qualification & Requirements
When it comes to accessing your driver’s licence, the LTMS online portal comes in handy because you can prevent wasting so much time at their desk. Before you apply for a driver’s licence, make sure you understand the qualifications and requirements:
- If he/she is Filipino, he/she must be at least 17 years old, and foreigners must be at least 18 years old.
- Reading and writing abilities.
- For at least a month, they must have a student driver’s licence.
- Attended and passed a practical driving course from an LTO-accredited licenced driver, driver’s education centre, certified driving school, or credentialed TESDA training centre
- There should be no outstanding traffic violations (if there was any)
- Must pass the automated theoretical exam.
- Must pass the practical exam.
LTO Driver’s License Required Documents
- Original student driver’s licence copy.
- Applications for 17-year-olds require parental or guardian consent, as well as a valid government ID with a photograph and signature.
- a medical certificate from a reputable medical clinic.
- Employed applicants must provide a tax identification number.
- Driver’s licence application form duly completed.
LTO Documents Verification
All of your IDs and other LTO documents will be linked to your LTO account. Driver’s licence, special authorizations, and even the certification of all motor vehicles registered in your name are examples. All of these are allegedly accessible via the Portal, though we have yet to determine whether this section of the website is operational.
Traffic violations you’ve received should also appear in the Portal. You can view all unresolved violations in your profile, as well as the history of all your misconducts. Similarly, you can use the LTMS Portal to get a Certificate of No Apprehension for your licence or registered motor vehicle.
|Official Website||Click Here|