The Osmania University has released the OU PhD Admission 2022-23 or OU PhD Notification 2022 on its official website, www.osmania.ac.in. The OU Directorate of Admissions invites applications through online mode from eligible candidates for the OU PhD 2022 Notification in various subjects under different faculties of Osmania University. The Osmania University Ph.D. Entrance Test is a PhD Eligibility Test that is one of the eligibility criteria for admission into Ph.D. programs offered by Osmania University in various faculties such as Arts, Commerce, Education, Engineering, Informatics, Law, Oriental Languages, Social Sciences, Science, and Technology. Continue reading to know more about OU PhD 2022 Notification.
OU PhD Notification 2022
Osmania University is a state university in the Indian state of Telangana. Osmania University is a collegiate state university founded in 1961. Admission is available at three levels: undergraduate, graduate, and research. The University of Hyderabad offers a total of 80 courses. Students must take CGPET to be admitted to PG courses such as M.Com, M.Ped, and so on. UGC recognizes the university. The university educates both girls and boys together. As a result, it is a co-educational college.
Osmania University with OU PhD Notification 2022 offers PhD programs in Economics, History, and Politics. Science, Public Administration, Sociology, Psychology, and Library Science Inform. Science, Social Work, Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Astronomy, Astrophysics, Geophysics, Biochemistry, Genetics, Microbiology, Environmental Science, Geology, Geography, Zoology, Management Studies, Education, Pharmacy, Law, ECE, ICE, CSE, ME, CE, and Chemical Engineering are some of the disciplines covered.
|Accreditation||“A+” Grade by NAAC|
|Entrance Test||OUCET, GATE, TS EAMCET|
|Infrastructure Facilities||Health care, Bank, Post office, Auditorium, Guest House, Library, Hostel and Mess|
|Number of Faculties||12 Different faculties|
|Osmania University Address||Osmania University campus, Amberpet, Hyderabad, Telangana, India-500007|
|Programs Offered||Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Postgraduate Diploma, Doctorate, Certificate courses
Osmania University Fees Structure
|Total No. of Students||300,000|
|Type of Courses||PG, PG Diploma, Doctorate, and M.Phil|
|Year of Establishment||1918|
Candidates with a valid GATE/ NET/ JEST/ SET-TS/ GPAT score or through an Osmania University Ph.D. Eligibility Test will be considered for admission.
OU PhD Admission 2022-23 Important Dates
- Commencement of Registration for Online Application: 18-08-2022.
- Last date without late fee: 17-09-2022.
- Last date with late fee of Rs.1000/–: 24-09-2022.
OU PhD 2022 Notification Eligibility Criteria
The following are the admission requirements for research subjects:
- Candidates must have a Post Graduate Degree from a recognized University or a Postgraduate Degree via Distance Mode from a recognized University, with not less than 55% marks or equivalent CGPA at the Post Graduate Degree (not less than 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in the case of SC/ST/PH candidates).
- Candidates must participate in the Ph.D. Test of eligibility in the subject in which they wish to pursue a Ph.D.
- Candidates must have received a research fellowship, either through a national level test conducted by national level organizations such as UGC / CSIR / ICAR / ICMR/ DBT or through a national level organization such as DST-INSPIRE fellowship) or Teacher Fellowship applicants subject to clearance by the Dean of Osmania University.
- Successfully completed the UGC-NET/CSIR-NET/SET-TS/AP/JEST/GATE/ GPAT examinations.
OU PhD Admission 2022-23 Guidelines Eligibility Test
- Osmania University holds “Ph.D. Eligibility Tests” in various subjects. Candidates with a minimum percentage of marks in their P.G. degrees are eligible to take the Ph.D. Eligibility Test.
- The applicants listed below are exempt from taking the O.U. Ph.D. Eligibility Test:
- Candidates who have received a research fellowship,
- Those who have passed the UGC-NET/CSIR-NET/SET-TS/AP/JEST/GATE/ GPAT Exam.
- Those with a regular M.Phil. degree in the relevant subject or a Ph.D. in an allied subject approved by Osmania University.
The following is the general pattern of the eligibility test:
- The maximum score for the eligibility test is 100.
- The nature of the test is objective, with multiple choice questions.
- Entrance exam syllabus: P.G. syllabus of the relevant Department
Document Requirements to apply for OU PhD 2022-23 Admission
- Passport size of photograph of a candidate
- 10th mark sheet or certificate
- 10+2-mark sheet or certificate
- Degree certificate
- Proof of address
- Community certificate
- Character certificate
- Migration or transfer certificate
- Income certificate of father or mother
- Health certificate
Candidates must submit these certificates, as well as copies of certificates, to the university when applying for admission.
How to Apply for OU PhD Notification 2022?
Step 1: Visit Osmania University’s official website.
Step 2: Fill out the application form after downloading it.
Step 3: Pay the application fee by DD made out to the Dean of Concerned Faculty, OU and payable in Hyderabad.
Step 4: Send the completed application form, along with all required documents and DD, on or before the registration deadline.
Step 5: During the interview, submit a comprehensive research proposal to the Dean of Osmania University along with the application form.
OU PhD 2022-23 Admission Registration Fee
The registration fee for online application submission is Rs.1500/- (Rs.1000/- for SC/ST/BC/PWD candidates). The registration fee payment procedure is available on the website.
OU PhD 2022 Entrance Exam Pattern
Osmania University confers the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree in the faculties of Arts, Commerce, Management, Education, Law, Social Sciences, Oriental Languages, Science, Technology, Pharmacy, Engineering, Informatics, and others.
Entrance Exam Pattern
The Ph.D. course work must include two theory papers:
- Paper 1 (100 points): Research Methodology This paper’s syllabus includes the research techniques/methods of the relevant subject.
- Paper 2: General field of specialization (100 points): This paper’s syllabus includes current concepts/trends in the subject’s relevant specialization.
- The examination shall be conducted in English for all subjects except those where the official medium of instruction is a language other than English.
- Passing Marks: 50% on each paper.
PhD Viva-Voce Examination
The candidate’s Ph.D. viva voce examination is held only after all three examiners recommend that the Ph.D. degree be awarded. The Controller of Examinations directs the Chairperson to convene a Board of Examiners to conduct the Ph.D. viva voce examination.
PhD Research Facilities at Osmania University
A number of institutes and centers have been established to support research at the University. Among them are:
- Institute of Genetics and Hospital of Genetic Diseases
- Research and Training Unit in Navigational Electronics (NERTU)
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC)
- Information Dissemination Centre (IDC)
- Japal-Rangapur Observatory (JRO)
- Centre for Plant Molecular Biology (CPMB)
- Centre for Indian Ocean Studies (formerly, Centre for Area Studies)
- Regional Centre for Urban and Environmental Studies (RCUES)
- Educational Multimedia Research Centre
- Southern Regional Centre for the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR)
Osmania University PhD Scholarship
- Osmania University awards scholarships in the following categories to talented, meritorious, and financially disadvantaged students:
- The university provides financial assistance or scholarships to deserving students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. Candidates selected for this scholarship will receive INR 250 per month for the duration of the program.
- Scholarships are available from the Andhra Pradesh government for students from the SC, ST, and OBC categories. Scholarships are awarded based on candidates’ income and caste certificate. In addition, applicants must have at least 75% attendance to be eligible for the scholarships.
Osmania University PhD Placement
Osmania University has a training and placement cell that invites companies from various industries to hire students. Students at the university are well trained in order to acquire the necessary skills. The cell also aids in the overall development of the students’ personalities.
Visit this page more often to get more details about the OU PhD Notification 2022.
|Official Website||Click Here|