The UPPSC CSAT Syllabus PCS Exam Pattern was revised by the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) beginning with UPPSC Prelims 2018. The UPPSC CSAT Syllabus is based on the new PCS test pattern. In this article, we will present you with the most recent UPPSC curriculum and exam pattern for Prelims and Mains 2022.
UPPSC CSAT Syllabus
The PCS and ACF / RFO examinations are administered by the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC). Group A and Group B officers are selected for administrative services by the state government through the UPPSC PCS and ACF / RFO. The exam is divided into three parts. The syllabus for the UPPSC Prelims and Mains exams changes slightly, but candidates should take an integrated approach to the UPPSC CSAT Syllabus for PCS and ACF / RFO because most of the themes are common.
The following table shows the UP PCS test schedule for UPPSC CSAT Syllabus 2022:
|Name of Exam||Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Number of Papers||1. Paper 1 – General Studies I
1. Paper 2 – General Studies II (CSAT)
|UPPSC Exam Date||Tentative June, 2023|
|Duration of Exam||2 hour each;
Both papers conducted on the same day;
· Paper 1 – 9.30 AM – 11.30 AM
· Paper 2 – 2.30 PM – 4.30 PM
|Number of Questions||Paper-I: 150 questions
Paper-II: 100 questions
|Type of Exam||Offline (Pen-paper)|
|Nature of Questions||All questions will be of Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Maximum Marks||Both papers will be worth 200 points apiece.
1. Paper 1 will be evaluated for merit.
2. Paper 2 is a qualifying paper similar to Prelims (33 percent qualifying criteria)
|Negative Marking||• According to the revised UPPSC exam pattern, each erroneous answer will receive 0.33 percent negative marking.
• For example, if the maximum mark allotted for a question is 2, improperly answering it will result in a 0.66 mark penalty.
• Filling in several circles on the OMR sheet for the same question will be considered wrong.
• There is no penalty for leaving a question blank.
|How to Calculate Final score:||1.33 marks for correct answer
And for incorrect questions, a negative marking of 1/3 is applied.
As a result, the mark deducted for each incorrect response is 0.44.
UPPCS PCS Selection Process
The UPPCS competitive examination comprises three stages:
(1) Prelims Examination (Objective Multiple choice)
(2) Main Examination (Written)
(3) Interview (Oral)
UPPSC Exam Pattern 2022
The candidate can check the elaborated exam pattern of UPPSC.
|Name of the Exam||Type of the Exam/Time||Marks|
|UPPSC Prelims Exam||Paper 1: General Studies I||150 marks|
|Paper 2: General Studies II (CSAT)||100 marks|
|UPPSC Mains Exam||General Hindi||150 marks|
|General Studies I||200 marks|
|General Studies II||200 marks|
|General Studies III||200 marks|
|General Studies IV||200 marks|
|Optional Subject – Paper 1||200 marks|
|Optional Subject – Paper 2||200 marks|
|UPPSC Interview||Personality Test/Interview||100 marks|
UPPSC CSAT Syllabus 2022
The syllabus for the UPPCS / PCS Pre Paper 2022 comprises of two papers: Both tests are two hours long.
- General Studies Paper 1 (150 questions/200 marks)
- CSAT (200 points/100 questions)
Paper 2 (CSAT) is a qualifying paper in UPPCS/PCS Pre paper, in which candidates must score at least 33%. However, selection from the UPPCS / PCS Pre paper stage will be based on the marks earned in Paper 1.
UPPCS PCS Pre Syllabus of Paper 1
- Current events of national and international importance: Candidates will be required to be knowledgeable about current events of national and international importance.
- Ancient, Medieval, and Modern Indian History: The emphasis in history should be on gaining a wide understanding of the social, economic, and political aspects of Indian history. Candidates in the Indian National Movement are expected to have a comprehensive understanding of the nature and character of the liberation movement, the evolution of nationalism, and the accomplishment of independence.
- Physical, social, and economic geography of India and the rest of the world: Only a general understanding of the subject will be assumed in World Geography. Questions about India’s geography will cover the country’s physical, social, and economic geography.
- Indian Governance and Polity: It includes aspects of Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, with questions testing knowledge of the country’s political structure, including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, as well as general features of Indian Economic Policy and Indian Culture. Political System, Constitution, Public Policy, Panchayati Raj, Human Rights Concerns, and so on.
- Social and Economic Development: Long-Term Growth Inclusion of the Poor, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, and so on. General environmental ecology, biodiversity, and climate change issues that do not necessitate topic specialization.
- Environmental Ecology, Climate Change, and Biodiversity — broad topics that do not necessitate subject specialization: The questions will focus on the issues and relationships between population, environment, and urbanization. General issues in environmental ecology, biodiversity, and climate change that do not necessitate topic specialization are expected of candidates.
UPPSC CSAT Syllabus 2022 of Paper 2
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Elementary Mathematics up to Class X level
- General English up to Class X level
- General Hindi up to Class X level.
UPPSC Mains Exam Pattern
Candidates who passed the PCS and ACF/ RFO prelims exams are invited to take the mains exam. The UPPSC Mains Exam Pattern is as follows. The results of the mains test will be used in the final selection of candidates. The UPPSC Mains Exam consists of eight descriptive-type papers. The UPPSC Mains Exam is a merit-based round with a high weightage of 1500 marks.
The UPPSC main exam format has undergone two significant adjustments.
UPPSC eliminates objective type papers and reintroduces descriptive type papers, however with an increase in the number of papers. The ‘Ethics’ paper was added by UPPSC, which was not previously available.
|Name of Exam||UPPSC PCS Mains (Written) Examination|
|Number of Papers (8)||· 1. General Hindi
· 2. Essay
· 3. General Studies I
· 4. General Studies II
· 5. General Studies III
· 6. General Studies IV
· 7. Optional Subject – Paper 1
· 8. Optional Subject – Paper 2
|Duration of Exam||Papers will be given throughout the course of a week.|
|Sessions||Morning Session – 9.30 AM – 12.30 AM
Afternoon Session – 2 PM – 5 PM
|Maximum Marks||· General Hindi – 150 marks
· Essay – 150 marks
· All General Studies papers and Optional subject papers will be of 200 marks each
· Total – 1500 marks
|Type of Exam||Offline (Pen-paper)|
|Nature of Questions||Essay/descriptive type|
|Optional Subjects||According to the revised UPPSC exam pattern, candidates must now choose only one optional topic (2 papers) from the list provided.|
Candidates who pass the Main stage of the PCS Exam are invited to the UPPSC Personality Test/Viva-Voce/Interview. The interview (in the new PCS exam design) is worth 100 points and assesses general awareness, character, expression power/personality, IQ, and general fitness for duty.
The UPPSC Exam has reached its conclusion. Candidates who pass the Mains exam will be invited to the Personnel Interview. The interview will be worth 100 points. A Board established by the UPPSC interviews candidates.
The purpose of the interview is for a panel of competent and neutral observers to assess the candidate’s personal suitability for a career in the state services. In the personality exam, candidates must be informed of events both within and outside their state or country, in addition to their academic studies.
The interview is more of a purposeful discourse designed to elicit the candidate’s mental traits and analytical skills. Because there are certain similarities between the two exams, UPPSC applicants can also prepare for the UPSC exam.
The given UPPSC CSAT Syllabus and UPPCS Paper pattern are based on the most recent UPPSC update. There will be questions on the aforementioned issues, with a focus on Uttar Pradesh. The UPPSC Notification will include the official curriculum.
|Official Website||Click Here|